Baikal, the deepest lake in the world (1637 meters), is also the oldest lake, formed more than 30 million years ago. Lake contains about 23.000 cubic km of water, roughly 20% of the world’s freshwater supplies and harbors more endemic species of plants and animals than any other lake in the world – out of 3.500 different species.
Fed by 336 rivers and streams including the Angara, Barguzin, Selenga, Turka and Snezhnaya, the lake holds 50 species of fish including bullhead, sturgeon and omul. The lake’s surrounding wild mountains and rivers make the Lake Baikal region an ideal area for engaging in an array of outdoor pursuits including hiking, climbing, whitewater sports, skiing and nature photography. Today, as in the past, Baikal remains a crossroads of cultures where native Sayats still herd reindeer and Buryat people maintain many of their old traditions. All our lake Baikal tours gives you the chance to discover its beautiful nature and culture.
Check out our lake baikal packages, you may want to add it to a trans-siberian railway trip as a city tour. We propose winter and summer excursions.
Summer lake Baikal packages
- Irkutsk and Listwianka trip, 3 days/2 nights
- Bolshie Koti trip, 4 days/3 nights
- Hiking on Baikal lake shore from Listvyanka to Bolshie Koti 4 Days/3 Nights
- Tour tree cultures & religions: Orthodox, Shamanism, Buddism, 5 days/4 nights
Winter lake Baikal packages
- Ice Lake Baikal Excursion, 1 day
- Dog sledding and Baikal excursion, 1 day
- Downhill skiing and Baikal excursion, 1 day
- Cross-country skiing in Siberia forest, 2 days
- Winter Jeep tour to Olkhon Island, 6 days
Circum Baikal Railroad tours
- 1 Day tour with modern trains
- 2 Days tour with old local train
- 2 Days tour with modern trains
- 1 Day tour Winter Circumbaikal railroad old local train
For further information please contact us. Summer Journeys are possible from April till November and Winter Journeys are recommended from December to April, the best season is March/April. Combination with Moscow tours or St.Petersburg tours or additional to our Trans-siberian individual trips are possible. We will be happy to make an individual offer.
You can learn more about the Russian culture and Baikal, come and learn Russian with us:
- Russian courses programs in Moscow
- Russian courses programs in St.Petersburg
- Russian courses programs in Kaliningrad
- Russian courses programs in Odessa
- Russian courses programs in Kiev
- Russian courses programs in Irkutsk